In our continous effort to deliver high quality and sustainable seafood, Lerøy is now offering Organic Salmon.
To be certified as organic the salmon must be farmed according to the EU regulations for organic products, and audited by DEBIO, the norwegian certifying body for organic products.
Lerøy provides a wide range of organic salmon products of high quality, post and pre rigor, fresh and frozen.
- Roe, smolt and production plants are all certified
- Densities in the sites is limited to 10 kg/m3 (equals 99% water & 1 % fish), whereas regular production has 25 kg/m2 (equals 97,5 % water & 2,5 % fish)
- All feed ingredients are certified organic
- The feed has a higher level of marine ingredients, an thus lower level of vegetable ingredients
- The fishmeal is solely from trimmings. The Fishoil is solely from sustainable fisheries
- For the salmons natural pink colour, we are using Panaferd, a 100 % natural and eco approved colorant
Organic Salmon Standard
- Nets free from anti-fouling containing copper
- If fish has been undergoing medical treatment, the withdrawal period is twice as long as for conventional salmon
- The sites used for organic salmon has a mimimum of 4 months of fallowing between producton cycles, compared to a mimnium of 2 months for conventional sites
Control and Approval
- The entire valuechain for organic salmon is regulary autited by the cerification body
- DEBIO approval ID: 32778
- Approval ID: DEBIO NO-ØKO-01
- EU organic regulations: 834/2007