Over the years, we have made several responsible and sustainable choices regarding our selection of fish feed and farming operations.
To ensure credibility and to document these choices, we have, in collaboration with DNV GL, prepared a product specification STP86.
Lerøy Salmon™ is produced in accordance with requirements in STP86. All operations, from the feed to farming, harvesting and sales are audited on an annual basis by a third party to document that all requirements for STP86 are met.
A sustainable choice
- Farm Certified ASC or GlobalG.A.P.
- Full traceability via Fishtrack
- High survival rates
- Zero use of antibiotics
- Zero use of chitin inhibitors
- Zero escapes
- GFSI Food safety certification
- Omega-3 level above 2.9g /100g
- EPA/DHA levels above 1 g/100 g
- Omega-6/Omega-3 ratio below 1
- PCP & PCB dioxins levels below 0.5 ng/kg
- Our fish are fed with alternative raw materials
- Zero use of salmon oil
- Zero use of Ethoxyquin
- Zero use of blood meal from land animals
- Full traceability of feed ingredients
Want to know more?
Our teams are here to help