- Tasty Seafood
- About us
- Key brands
- Hidden folder
1. Cut the onion and fennel into two then slice thinly. Finely chop the garlic.
2. Use a thick-bottom pot, preferably an iron pot. Place the pot over the heat until it is medium hot then add the olive oil. Fry the onion, fennel and garlic until soft and translucent. Approximately 4-5 minutes.
3. Add a pinch of saffron and the bay leaves. Add as much saffron as you like. Saffron is expensive and you don't need much to bring a wonderful colour and a hint of flavour. Break up the saffron threads with your fingers before adding them to the pot. Stir to mix with the vegetables.
4. Half the potatoes and thinly slice the peppers lengthwise. Add these to the pot with the fish stock. Bring to the boil then lower the temperature leaving the stew to simmer.
5. Once the potatoes are cooked through (after approx. 10-15 minutes), add the cream, zest and juice of the lemon and the olives. Season with pepper.
6. Cut the cod into large dices. Add the fish once the potatoes are cooked. The fish does not need to cook for long, 5 minutes is enough.
7. Before serving, season with salt – the amount of salt from the fish and olives may vary. Top with plenty of basil.