- Tasty Seafood
- About us
- Key brands
1. Salt-baked shallots: Bake the shallots whole on top of a layer of sea salt at 160 degrees Celsius for around 30 minutes. When they start to burst out of their skin, they are ready to come out of the oven. Cut the bottom off the onions before serving.
2. Red wine sauce: Finely chop the shallot and put in a pan, then turn on the heat. When you start to hear frying noises from the pan, add the red wine and boil for around 8 minutes. Add 2 tbsp blackcurrant syrup once the wine has reduced to a thick, sticky syrup. Continue boiling for 2-3 minutes before adding the beef stock and boiling for a further 10 minutes. Add the butter, salt and pepper.
3. Potato and garlic purée: Peel the potatoes and boil together with the whole garlic cloves for around 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked. Drain the potatoes then add the cream. Mash with a potato masher or a hand blender. Make sure you blend the garlic cloves properly. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Poached cod: Heat up the poaching water for the cod and add the salt, then poach the cod fillets for around 8 minutes until they start to flake.
5. Serve poached cod with baked shallots, potato and garlic purée topped with the red wine sauce.